September 22, 2006

Autumn



Tomorrow is the first official day of Autumn. However, I am already blessed with all the colours that autumn has to bring. As I drive the kidlings to various places in the morning I see the gradual change all the trees make and then it seems like "poof" they all magically changed to bright reds , yellows and oranges. This I do have to say is my most favourite season of all. Bringing out all the sweaters that I have been longing to wear again. I've already bought a few things for Hallowe'en too. It's all very exciting! The kids can't wait to gather the leaves and place them at the bottom of their big red slide so that can fall right into them and then gather them up again. This time of the year is the best time to go on trail walks through the avrious areas and listen to the leaves crunch and the Canadian geese prepare to fly south for the winter. I remember "years ago" driving to my grandparents place (A nice place out in the country) and with my two aunts we would gather as much leaves as we could find, and there were plenty, and we would spend the whole day out in those leaves jumping, hiding, rolling. You name it and we did it. It was so much nicer then, and I try to bring some of that to these kids here. I am so happy for Autumn we should have a party to celebrate the coming of Autumn (maybe that's what Thanksgiving Day is for).

Have a happy Autumn day tomorrow and go out and do something before Jack Frost comes into our lives.

No comments: