October 29, 2006

Halloween Time


Happy Halloween!!!!!!!

Well it's almost that time of year again where all the cute little children dress up in scary costumes. Well maybe they don't all dress like scary creatures but they do have fun. I am actually going to a Halloween party today that the family I work for is having. I have decided to dress up as a Witch but I do have to say that finding a costume that is appropriate is quite hard to do. I did manage to get a hat from the Walmart but the dress part was the hard part. I found that a lot of the adults costumes or focused on adults parties if you know what I mean. So I ended up getting a Goth type outfit that to me could be used as a witch. I also got some fake eyelashes, press on nails and some nice long curly black hair. For this party the mother asked me to bake some cupcakes and Rice Krispie squares. Cup cakes no problem they were fast and easy (I was very tempting to eat one but didn't). The Rice Krispies were another story though. Knowing that this was going to be a Halloween party she wanted some spooky types of food and treats. So the Rice Krispies were not going to be square but instead in the shape of SPIDERS, like this one...


So I tried my best, I put the blue food colouring in (which made it green instead) and I started to form the spider shapes with my hands. The Rice Krispie mix got cooled faster than I could make them so I ended up making 3 before I lost all my patience with this and was totally frustrated. I put the rest of the mix in a pan and decided to make cookie cutter shapes with it. The mom laughed when I told her how well I did. I explained that I was not Martha and probably never will be (well maybe I could dress like her for Halloween next year). So I am off to the party and I will let you all know how much fun it was when I get back.

Let me know if any of you were able to make anything (besides squares) with Rice Krispies, or tell me about your horror stories with it. It'll make me feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think even Martha could make spiders out of rice crispy squares!