March 18, 2007

March Break

So March Break is over for another year. Well almost, Choo Choo has to go back to her school but Nugley has another week. We had a pretty good time once they got used to be around me all day long. Routine changes are hard on them and they like to test their limits. Fun for me! So I tried to keep them busy for the most part.

Monday we went to a library for story time and songs then to another library in the afternoon for a puppet show (the three little pigs).

Tuesday we went to the Sugar Bush/Log Farm. We saw lots of animals chickens, sheep, a donkey, a horse and a humongous pig. Then we took a very bumpy wagon ride out into the sugar bush. We were told how the sap gets out of the maple trees and what to do when it's time to make it into syrup. Before taking the bumpy ride back we were allowed to taste some taffy on the snow. The kids loved it, however I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I passed on the offer.

Wednesday was a very raining day so we couldn't really do anything outside. I heard that the local Mall was providing child friendly activities all week so I decided that this was the perfect day for that. There were gluing crafts, candy crafts, and face painting. The candy crafts were a neat idea, they used little candies and wrapped in saran wrap with twist ties to separate them for bodies, Choo Choo made a caterpillar and Nugley made a ladybug. The face painting was amazing done by a clown company Choo Choo asked for a butterfly over her full face they painted a lot of details into it and also added some glitter. Nugley chose a dalmatian very cute also, they even added a dog tongue hanging out of the mouth. Dad took pictures when he got home I'll have to see if I can get some from him.

Thursday was a cold day and we were invited to 2 different play dates. The kids had a good time and everyone played nicely with each other which gave me a nice quiet day with my coffee.

Friday we stayed home all morning so I could do all the kids laundry and vacuum around a bit then I took them to McDonald's for lunch and I registered them for a day camp at a Build a Bear kind of place. They were there for over 3 hours and were able to make an animal dress it and do some crafts. They had a great time. Nugley chose a pink unicorn with a pink bathrobe and slippers (I know he's a boy but he seemed to want it) and Choo Choo also chose a pink unicorn with a soccer outfit.

Now I have a week left to entertain Nugley before he goes back to school. I am planning to do some more mature things with him while Choo Choo is at school. We are starting off by making a volcano that really erupts. We borrowed some books from the library that talks about volcanoes. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

No comments: