May 27, 2007

52:26


So this past weekend, well actually it was yesterday, I ran 10k along with 7538 other people which was part of the National Capital Race weekend. There was a 2k, 5k, 10k, half Marathon and full Marathon. My sister Cheryl ran the 5k with Scott, where Scott took off right at the end to beat her. I ran the 10k with Will. He was ahead of me during the first few kilometres and then I lost sight of him so I just focused on my race. My goal time was 50 min. and in the 10k they provide pace bunnies so when the 50 min bunny ran past me I decided to stay with him. It wasn't as easy as I thought because there were so many people in this race that I had to try and weave through the people and avoid the people who decided to stop and walk suddenly. So basically, I lost my friend the pace bunny. But I did feel good through the race not too sore or too tired. I finished the race at 52 min and 26 seconds which beat my time last year by 4 min. I was the 267th female to finish out of 3661, and the 47th in my age category out of 574. I had a pace of 5:20. Oh, and I ended up beating Will as well. Unfortunately me and everyone else who came to watch forgot a camera so we don't have any pics of us on that day. Next year I plan to run a half marathon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done. To be able to run for almost an hour takes a lot of training. I hope to be able to cheer you on when you go for the 1/2 marathon.

dad