July 2, 2007

Canada Day

Yesterday was Canada's 140th Birthday. I started off the day with a 10k race which started along the Alexandra Bridge on the Gatineau side and as we ran we passed the National Art Gallery, then across the front of the Chateau Laurier around towards the National Arts Centre. Now we approach the locks along the Rideau Canal and head downhill behind the Parliament Buildings. We go west along the river to the Parkway and pass the Canadian War Museum then we turn around on the Parkway and head over the Portage Bridge which will take us back to Gatineau and we head down Laurier passing by the Museum of Civilization and ending at Jacques Cartier Park. I managed to finish 6 seconds faster than my last 10k race in May. Woo Hoo!!!

After a lot of resting, Cheryl, Will and I went out to Kanata for some food and to watch the World Cup game (Canada lost). Then we headed across the street for some fireworks. I was quite pleased with both the turn out and the show. There was a fair like party going on so we went on a few rides and bought some yummy cotton candy.


Happy Birthday Canada!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe. Your really do grab Life by the horns, Stephanie. I don't think I told you this before but Grandma and I were talking about you while I was up. She told me, "That Stephanie. She's a NEAT girl. I admire her SPUNK!"

Nanny Girl said...

thanks (sniff sniff) that's really sweet. I needed to hear something like that today.