August 7, 2007

NJ

Me and my two sisters have just returned from a weekend in NJ/NYC. My Aunt lives in NJ and was kind enough to allow us to stay with her. It took us about 8 hours to drive there and we were very happy to get out of the car. After taking all of our luggage up to her place and figuring out where we would each sleep we went off to the beach (Sandy Hook Beach). From the parking lot to the water was such a distance especially since we had to walk through such soft sand full of little shells. Once we got to the water it was so refreshing and calm. You could hear the waves coming in and crashing, there were children playing in the water too. So because we were at this spot we had to get some pictures taken, and it was so beautiful as the sun was setting just over the way. As the sun was setting we walked along the shore and got splashed by the waves. Before leaving I saw a crab that had been washed up from the Ocean trying desperately to get back to his home in the water. Finally the waves took him back right before I was able to get a picture of him. I was able to bring home a piece of the beach though, a big shell left on the side of the beach. Next time I will have to go for a swim in it. This is my favourite picture of the beach here on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed having you stay with us, too! You are a fun person to hang out with, Stephanie. And you are welcome here anytime. :)