September 19, 2007

A New Adventure

I have recently started Nannying for a new family. We have decided to start slowly and gradually bring up my time spent with them as the mom is on maternity leave at the moment anyway. I started on Monday for a couple of hours and I got to hold the baby (we will call her Loo Loo). The first hour was great but then I tried to give her a bottle and she lost it. I think it was too much change at once for her. They haven't been giving her a bottle before but thought they would start the process. So the final hour was crying crying crying. She associated me as the bottle girl. So I left for the day thinking I was a baby hater. :(

The next day I stayed a little longer and mom and me took her for a walk (she loves going on walks), we walked down to a Timmie's since we were in need of some caffeine and then came back and relaxed in the house. She was a bit happier for the duration I was there.

Wednesday (aka today) I arrive and Loo Loo is all ready to see me. She and I go out for a walk on our own this time just around the area so she can see that I may take her away from mom and dad but I will always bring her back. She was ok to start our walk and got a little fussy finally after a little while she fell asleep. I kept telling her about all the things that were going on around her and observations that I made so that she can get used to my voice and know that I am safe.
Daddy was home for a bit today because he is on call tonight at one of the hospitals so he didn't have to be there until four. He missed seeing all the unpleasantness Loo Loo gave me the first two days and thought that maybe a life size cut out of myself would help Loo Loo get adjusted to me when I am not there. I didn't really agree.

This new family is so nice and relaxed and I think we will all get along great. I am looking forward to being with Loo Loo these next few years and baby #2 whenever it happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really are an attentive nanny, S. I'm sure Loo Loo will come around soon and absolutely adore you. And I got a kick out of the idea of having a life size cardboard cutout of you made. Hee!