December 2, 2007

It Is Cold

I can't believe that Jack Frost is showing up on our doorsteps already. It seems like we didn't get to finish off with Fall properly, and BANG winter is here. Now, it is not that I don't like winter, I mean there are lots of fun things to do throughout the winter. Skiing, skating on the Rideau Canal, seeing the Lights, building snow castles, snowmen and snow angels. I love the snow, really I do, it's just the cold that seems to get to me. In Ottawa we don't get it as bad as some other places in Canada but it does last for a long time, and by February we are looking for it to all go away and for the warm air to return. We are expecting a lot of snow over night tonight. It always look nice with the snow but causes a lot of headaches trying to get to and from work. I expect a lot of delays tomorrow.

I am advancing the distance in my runs now working up to the Half. Today I ran 14 km in the snow and minus temperatures. I am so glad that I have decided to do this with other people or I may have given up by now. It takes a lot to get up in the morning and run. I hope that I can last until the end of January when the race takes place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I remember winter in your city...FREEZING COLD! But then, Ottawa can be quite pretty in the winter, can't it? Especially with the Rideau Canal, the Gatineau Hills, the holiday lights...pretty. And I'm in awe of you for still running outside in the winter. Brave girl!