June 1, 2008

My Book Binge

Here is the list of books I have read this month. I am not quite an avid reader as probably some of you are but I have been reading 3 this past month and that is a big accomplishment for me.

Whistling in the Dark - Lesley Kagen

A nice summer story taken place in 1959 about 2 sisters living on their own because their mother is hospitalized and their stepfather is always at the bars. Plus there is a murderer and molester out on the loose. Enjoyable and an easy to read.

My Best Friend's Girl - Dorothy Koomson

One friend asks the other to look after her child when she finds out she is dying, but problems arise and lessons are learned.

Little Pink Slips - Sally Koslow

Basically a sequel to The Devil Wears Prada. I am still reading this one and I am on page 73.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read "The Devil Wears Prada", but I did see it -- twice! Once in English, and once, as a sort of enrichment exercise for my youngest child, in French. It was fun both times, so perhaps Little Pink Slips should be my next book! Thanks for taking part in the binge!