September 13, 2006

15 YEARS!!!!


I can't believe that DiPietro has signed a contract for 15 years. That means that he will be making 4.5 million US a year until he decides to retire whether he gets hurt this year or not. That is INSANE!!!! and he is only 24 years old. I do have to say though that he is not to blame for this whole ordeal. I would definetly take it no matter what but what on earth are the Islanders thinking????? They better win the Stanley Cup with all that they have invested in this one player. In a way I hope he gets hurt (not in a bad way) just to see how they react. Maybe this is just a way for the team to get more attendance from the fans. Wouldn't it be great if you witnessed the fall of the big goalie guy? It could be as good as seeing the Stanley Cup final. No not really. I do wonder what Don Cherry has to say about all this I bet he has a lot and it will probably be his top rant of the season. Well you know he's not a Canadian. Maybe that's part of it. He doesn't want to end up getting traded at some point to a Canadian team. Who knows all I know is that it will be something to watch. And watching I will do but mainly for my Toronto Maple Leafs. First game is September 5 against their rival Ottawa Senators.

ps Do you think DiPietro is married? I would make a good hockey wife

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, me no speak Hockey Talk but that DiPietro boy is mighty fine looking.

-A said...

I'm not much of a hockey girl (hmm, perhaps because I was raised in the desert?) but by default I like the Maple Leafs if I watch at all - my mom grew up in Toronto after all! And my cousin is obsessed!

Thanks for visiting my page! One of these days I'll update my links to include you!