September 11, 2006

What goes around comes around

Who knew that living all your life you would be so used to certain ways of living? Sure my ways may not always be the best ways for everyone but they are for me and I like it my way. Wouldn't you? Little things that didn't bother me so much are now really getting to me maybe it's that I'm not use to these other people's ways of living or that I am getting old and crabby. Hopefully with time this too shall pass and I'll be able to relax a bit but then would that be giving up a part of who I am? I guess when I was younger I was a lot like this and have just grown up more over the past few years. Maybe it's that I feel I should take over the "morthering" role. Maybe I should just let it be. But I can't do that because I am too stubborn. What do you think? What are some of your pet peeves?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for joining the great blogosphere, niece! Now I can check up on your going-ons on a daily or weekly basis! Wait til grandma hears - she'll get over her computer phobia in a heartbeat once she hears that you've started a blog, too!

As for your pet peeves...yes, sometimes the lifestyles of other people make you wonder what on earth they're thinking. That's OK. You're figuring out who YOU are and what you want your life to be like in the future. And I suspect that it's hard for you to let go of other people's ways of living considering that you're a nanny - your job IS to CARE.

As for my pet peeves - people who are too proud to say sorry and people who are continually late.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yet another favourite person of mine has joined the blogging world. Now I can take a peek into what's going on in your life on a regular basis.
With regards to pet peeves, I'd have to say that the biggest "peeve" I have is dealing with people who don't take responsibility for their own actions. My co-worker says her pet peeve is dealing with cell phone shouters on her commute to work. I'd have to agree with that one too.
Well, I can't wait until I can read more Nanny Girl entries.
Love ya,
Maria

Anonymous said...

I think what needs to be understood is that everyone is different, everyone lives their life differently, and getting used to someone elses lifestyle takes awhile. In your situation the proper way to deal with it is to sit down and talk about what bugs you about them and what bugs them about you and then work on the flaws. Remember coming into a new environment with a "its my way or the highway" mindset is totally wrong, that is only going to make things worse. Be open and accepting to all views and then compromise to get the final decision. You are probably well liked in the house and the people that bug you may not know of the areas that you consider "pet peaves".

Laura said...

My biggest pet peeve is not having any idea on how to do anything with this blogging thing except post.. Some one tell me how to add links to mine!!!!

Oh yeah and drivers from Quebec!