September 29, 2006

Roast Beef


Where I live we have decided to each take a day where we are responsible for cooking the dinner meal. This way we all chip in and contribute and one of us won't have to feel like we have to do it every night. I have officially made my first roast beef dinner and it went smoothly. It was a late dinner but that happens when I have to work until 5:30 and I don't usually get home until 6:00. Cooking a roast wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just had to make sure I didn't rush with starting some other things like the vegetables. The gravy part I'm still going to work on because it was a little bit too thick but it still tasted good. I don't mind thick gravy but not for roast beef, it should flow more than stick. I ate it though, and so did everyone else, they must have liked it because the next night they had some more as leftovers. Along with the dinner I also prepared a cherry cheesecake. We couldn't eat it until the next night though because I forgot about the "chilling" time. While doing all this I only burnt myself once, from picking up a hot dish but it wasn't too bad. Just a few choice words came out at the time. everything is fine now and I may attempt to do this again one day. Hey Thanksgiving is just around the corner. hmmm. We'll have to see. What are some of your experiences with cooking?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahah! So you DO have a recipe that you can send me for my family recipe book project! Remember, it needs to be handwritten and if you have a photo, send me that, too. OK? Oh, and I need to receive it within the first week of November! Demanding, huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, that's a photo of YOU, niecie!

Anonymous said...

And remind your sisters and brother about sending me their favourite recipes, too! Hee!