January 14, 2007

The Birds and the Bees



So this past week I had everyone back to their usual schedules of driving to Nugley's school then to Choo Choo's. Going to the doc's office to work for a few hours, back to Choo Choo's school to bring her home for lunch and a nap. After her nap we run out to Nugley's school to wait until he is finished then back home for a snack and to do his homework (which he loves to do). Then it's playtime until Mom and Dad come home for the night.

Well there was one day this week during our drive home from Nugley's school where we had a discussion of different names. Nugley was feeling a little sad because his name wasn't one of the Thomas the Tank Engine names (he has a very unique name but fits him well). My last name, Gordon, is a Thomas train name, his dad's name is one and so are some of his friends names. So I suggested to him that when he had a baby he could name the baby one of the Thomas names (he liked the name Donald). He told me that he couldn't have a baby that only girls had babies. Ok that's fine. Then maybe when he got married the girl he marrid could have a baby. He said ok and then he said that he wanted Choo Choo to have his baby. Well I didn't really want to scare him about things, seeing as how he is only 5 years old and all, but I tried my best to explained that Choo Choo couldn't have his baby, that it had to be someone that is not in his family. He got a little confused because he wanted to live with Choo Choo always and didn't see why she couldn't have his baby. Luckily for me when we got home Dad was already there, so I explained our conversation in the car ride home and told him he probably had to finish up explaining about the birds and the bees seeing as how it was probably his job anyway. I guess when I have kids I'll have to do a little research to know how to go about it.

No comments: