February 16, 2007

The Office

So this past week I have been working in an office. I usually work in the office every morning but since the kids and mom and dad went to Mexico for the week (Doc's Conference), and the secretary just left for 2 weeks, I was asked to work in the office. So here I am as we speak (alone). Usually it is quite busy. But since there are no docs there are no patients and there is no paperwork to file so I have been sitting here for the past 3 days with pretty much nothing to do. I take the faxes off the machine when they come or rather if they come and I take the messages off the machine which today I have counted 6 messages for the whole day plus whatever comes over night. There is one line for the phone that I can't ignore which is the "private line". This is the line that other doctors use to get information quickly. Also the Birth Unit uses it in case they have one of our patients in the hospital and needs some extra info from their file. Today that hasn't happened at all. So after all my ranting and raving I have definitly decided that this is not my calling. I think that I will stick with dealing with noisy active children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a reeeaaally boring day!

Nanny Girl said...

Yes it certainly was, luckily I won't have to do that anymore. The family is back now.