February 12, 2007

Winterlude


I know I haven't written in a while. So I am back and ready to write again.

February 3-18 is Winterlude time in Ottawa. Where people from everywhere come and enjoy the cold and the snow. I was lucky enough to go downtown to
see it all. I had some family come up from Toronto and NJ. I don't remember the last time they were up at this time of year. We had a nice lunch in the Byward Market and then ventured off to see the sights. I went along with m
y Grandmother to see the ice sculptures. There were so many different ones and when we were there the sculptors were still in the process of creating their precious figures. This was one that I liked a lot. It was done by some Inuit people. My Grandmother went to visit Nunuvut this past year so she had lots of things to tell me about their culture. She was definitly in her element. After all the sculptures and trying to find everyone again (10 people is hard to keep together) we all went on to the canal and had a Beavertail (apparently they taste better there). That was probably the best part of the whole thing. So apart from the cold cold weather it was a good good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had alot of fun with you that day! Too bad we don't live closer...
PS - Did you see the photo of you I posted up on my blog?

Nanny Girl said...

Yes. I like the photo. Could you send it to me please?