April 24, 2007

Which One?

I have written on here before about what type of a job I will be looking for in September. Well, I have sent out my resume and I am meeting with a Montessori school this week for an interview. Actually, it is the same Montessori that Choo Choo goes to and the teachers there all know me for about 3 years now. They have already told me that they would love to have me work for them. Yeah!

However before I got all this feedback from the school, the Docs I work for told me about the anesthetic guy who works in the hospital with them. His wife is due in June with their first child. She is not sure how long she will take off for maternity but I did meet with them and they are a lovely couple and I would love to work with them too. They also told me that it wouldn't be just a 4 year thing because they are planning on having at least 3 children. She is doing her residency for becoming a doctor, so maternity time is limited if she doesn't want to go back and redo some elements of that.

I have no idea what to do. I know that the nanny job would pay really well, but then if I want to be a teacher after than I will be that much older. The teaching job won't pay much but then I would have my foot in the door to maybe some other options after a few years. I would really appreciate some feedback or some pointers on how I should decide my next step.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, niecie! Well, it's great that you have two terrific opportunities. I don't know what you make as a nanny but I heard from Jeff's parents (former teachers) and my friend Julie who currently teaches disabled kids in elementary school, the salary for Ontario teachers is pretty darn good! Plus, you would have summers off. Plus, you can take a sabbatical when you need to. Plus, the Ontario teacher's union has or at least had a terrific pension. Anyway, food for thought.

Nanny Girl said...

Thank you, I am still looking in to everything.