February 15, 2008

Another One Down

This book, The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, was another memoir. It seemed interesting at first but about halfway through I found I was feeling a little depressed reading it. It was about a family of 6 living below the poverty line, how they dealt with their problems and how they saw the world as an adventure. It started out in Phoenix and ended in New York City. The kids eventually moved on and most had very successful lives, which is what helped me to keep reading this book, I was looking for that happy ending and even though not everyone in the family had a "happy" ending they were all happy in the end.

For my next book I've decided to go back to a classic, one that I was supposed to read in High School and never did, one that I've tried to read before and have since put it down......The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Hopefully I won't put it down this time.

2 comments:

gnarly nanny said...

it's a good one... read it in high school and college!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of this book before...hmmmm...