March 16, 2008

Boleyn

I have just finished The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. It was a long book, 735 pages to be exact and probably the largest book I have read to date. It is about....you guessed it....the Boleyns; Mary, Anne and George. The slow rise of power all the way to their deaths. The story was told from Mary's point of view and although it is a fictional story it is pretty close to what they encountered.


This book has just recently come out to theatres and I am interested in seeing how similar it is to the book. In most cases I find the books are better than the films. In this film Scarlett Johansson plays Mary Boleyn, Natalie Portman plays Anne Boleyn and Eric Bana plays King Henry VIII.


My next book is Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Have you seen the film yet? I saw it with friends last night. My friend, Moe, suggested we see the film because she really liked the book. It was...well, depressing. I suppose that's not surprising considering the story includes horrible Henry VIII.