March 6, 2008

A Little Time Away

I have just returned from a little time away from one big city to another big city. I took a nice calming train ride from Ottawa to Toronto where I had a nice little visit with my aunt in her new home. While there I did a lot of walking......but to me walking is what I really like to do. I was able to peek inside little shops along my way of things and fashions you can't always see here in Ottawa. After my first day walking around I went down to the beach front and sat there as the waves of ice came crashing in. I found a couple of swans swimming around looking for something to eat. They were quite friendly and came up quite close to me hoping that I had some nice treats for them but unfortunately I did not. Maybe next time. Even though the boardwalk was covered in a thin layer of snow there were quite a few people out dog walking, exploring and running. It made me think of the big Marathon that Toronto hosts in September that would go all along this boardwalk and into the downtown core along the water. Hmmmmmm....... maybe.


My second day of exploring took me up to U of T. The University area has a lot of nice little coffee shops and many many people bustling here there and everywhere. I really loved the architecture of the buildings too. My tired feet were happy to be going home and I boarded the train only a half hour late. Who knew winter was going to stay around longer, I thought that after this trip that Spring would finally be in the air.Well......I came home to 28cm of more snow and I hear we are looking at more for the weekend. Argh!!! Will it ever end?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just talked with your aunt M. and she said that she and P. enjoyed their time with you this past week. She said that you were the perfect guest!
And yes, I am also ready for Spring although I shouldn't complain - we haven't had nearly as much snow here as you all have had up there. You really are living in a winter wonderland, aren't you?