July 15, 2007

Happy Birthday

Last night I was invited to this amazing party and not for kid duty. I was around all week at work watching the ordeal unfold and was finally able to see the final touches. The Mom I work for celebrated her birthday and because it was such a big thing the Dad decided to go all out. They hired a caterer Shaz, he is a very interesting man. They had a huge tent put up out in the backyard in case of rain, which did happen over and over again. There were about 100 people and I was to that I knew some of them and met a lot of nice people. Including a fire fighter who will be letting me know his work schedule so that the kids get a great tour of the fire station.The kids were very well behaved and had some other children to play with too. One special thing that I really enjoyed was the mariachi band. They played most of the night. I did get a chance to talk to them too. 2 of them are from Mexico and one is from Argentina. They were so tiny and cute. I left at about 11pm and the kids were still up looking like zombies but at least they will have a nice quiet day today to get things back to normal.

Happy Birthday!!

No comments: